Tuesday 23 August 2011

The Isle of Man

The Isle of Man was some where I visited as a child in 1993. I think my Dad rather convienently managed  to time our visit with the 100th Aniversary celebrations of the year of railways 1893-1993. I too have picked up this quality of holidaying in certain locations next to railways and steam galas, much to the annoyance of my girl friend.



I remember having a super holiday, riding on The I.O.M Steam Railway, The Manx Electric Railway, Snafel Mountain Railway and the Groudle Glen. It really felt like going back in time. There were many events such as steam on the Manx Electric Railway and passenger trips on the ex Donegal Rail Bus. One of my fondest memories was walking around the engine sheds at Douglas with my Dad. We ventrured into the now demolished Coach sheds and at the back found to No 5 Mona and No 9 Douglas. Both locomotives have since been moved and cacooned inplastic because of asbestos.


Isle of Man photographs July 2010 and August 2010


No comments:

Post a Comment